11111

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A little Valentine Breakfast

Since Rob will be out of town tomorrow, we decided to do a little Valentine celebrating today! To start the day off we had a little pancake breakfast! Heart Pancakes to be exact!


Just use whatever pancake batter you like or even make your own! I put the batter in a big Ziploc and snipped one end off. With a lot of trial and error, I found that the easiest way was to make the outline of a heart and then fill it in! (Warning: it is a little messy, but worth it!)  And cook just as you would with regular pancakes. You will have some that turn out like this....


isn't it a beaut? but hey it still tastes good.
 
And then you will have the pretty ones that make you say "hey it's valentines!"
 
 
Pair with a little fresh fruit and voila!
 
 
side note: My mom cut our oranges up like this all the time. And this is now Rob and my favorite way to eat them. I buy quite a few at the grocery store then cut them up and store them in a container in the fridge. Much less messy and so easy to eat!
 
A fun, little, festive treat for Valentine's Day and one that will make your loved ones very happy..,
 

 
Happy (almost) Valentine's Day!

SIGNATURE

7 comments:

  1. Y'all are so precious I can't even stand it. What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute - I think I'll have to try it for my boys tomorrow - thanks!! PS, are you from Clovis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice idea! Love the idea to cut up oranges like that. I never thought of it but that would make it a lot less messy! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute! I think next year I want to start a Valentine's Day breakfast tradition :) I'll definitely have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!