Caitlin over at With Pearls and a Stethoscope and Chelsea at Southern Charm have nominated me for the "Leibster Award" and I could not be more excited!!
This award is given to "new" bloggers by other bloggers. It is a fun way to get to know one another and get to tell a little bit about yourself! Here's how it works:
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions of the person who nominated you
3. Create 11 new questions
4. Nominate 11 new bloggers that have less than 200 followers
So let's get started!
Questions for me
(I did a mix of Caitlin's and Chelsea's questions)
1. Why did you start your blog? Robert, my husband, and I moved to Germany back in August. I wanted a fun way to keep family and friends updated with our every day life, so Lew Party of Two was formed! I have really enjoyed blogging, it has become such a fun hobby! You can read a little more about us and the start of the blog here!
2. What is your favorite dessert? Brownies or Cinnamon Rolls! Oh! And one more...in the Czech Republic they have this amazing warm pastry called Trdelnik...delicious. If you can't tell I'm a little obsessed with desserts.
That stuff behind me and in my hands...Trdelnik. See how happy I am??
3. How many brothers or sisters do you have? Holt (19), Kinley (10) and Brock (5)! I also have 6 stepbrothers/sisters! Big family and I just love it.
Part of the siblings at my mom and Steven's wedding this past summer!
4. Do you envision a big family, or just one kid or two? We think we want 4 kids! We know God has a perfect plan...but when we pick a number, we hope and pray for 4!
5. Did you play any sports when you were younger? I played basketball, volleyball and ran track all the way through junior high. Then once I got to high school I just did Volleyball and played Club as well!
6. What is your most favorite book you've read in the last year? One Thousand Gifts. I cannot say enough amazing things about this book. Everyone needs to read it...it is a life changer, for sure!
7. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self? Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Just be yourself and share God's love and kindness with all those around you. Enjoy being you and a daughter of Christ!
8. Morning person or night person? I used to be a morning person but as of now, night person for sure!
9. What is your go to drink on a night out? Mojito!
10. Where is your favorite place you've traveled? Prague, Czech Republic...man I love it there. Or the Bahamas, our honeymoon destination! We try to take advantage of living in Europe and travel as much as we can! You can check out where we have been here! Stay tuned as we add to that list!
A little glimpse of beautiful Prague from my last trip over Christmas
11 facts about me1. I dyed my hair brown this past summer and cannot wait to be a blonde again.
2. I graduated from Nursing School last May and worked in Palliative Care until we moved to Germany. I hope when we move back one day to eventually work in Labor and Delivery!
3. I would really love to adopt one day.
4. I really enjoy reality TV (yes, the really silly and crazy ones)....Real Housewives, The Bachelor and too many more.
5. Robert and I knew after 3 months (probably less) we wanted to get married, it was love at first sight...almost:) And then 3 years later we became husband and wife!
6. I have never liked coffee, jelly or honey. Not for me.
7. The one food I have missed while being in Europe...Mexican Food! It is so different over here. Rosas and Chipotle will be our first meals out when we are back in the states, for sure.
8. Robert and I love to play card games, especially Nertz. He usually wins and I am a really sore loser.
9. Robert and I watched Lost...start to finish during college. It is the best.
10. I love, love, love spending time with family. It always brings so much joy to my heart.
11. I had 10 bridesmaids, yes 10. And it was the best, couldn't imagine not one of them up there by my side!
Now, My Nominations...
Jenni at Frankly My Dear
Luci at We Got Us
Hope at Hope in a Blog
Courtney at Keystroke Journaling
Taylor Rae at Taylored and Turquiose
Courtney at Sweet Turtle Soup
Kelli at Team Gilbert
Emily at Dixie on my Mind
Kristal at The Strong Family
Chrissy at Simple Joys
Paige at Reasons to Come Home
And My Questions for you...
1. What is your favorite TV series?
2. Where did you go on your honeymoon? If not married, where is your dream honeymoon destination?
3. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
4. What food could you not live without?
5. Fill in the blank: I am most happy when....
6. What is your perfect date night?
7. What is a beauty product you cannot live without?
8. What is your favorite memory from growing up?
9. What is one blog you check daily?
10. Beach or the Mountains?
11. What movie did you last see? Your thoughts?
And there ya have it! A little about me and I can't wait to hear from the rest of you! Let me know when you post your answers...can't wait to hear them all!
Also! Be sure to check back tomorrow as I start posting our Wedding pictures!