11111

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A little about me and a Leibster Award

Caitlin over at With Pearls and a Stethoscope and Chelsea at Southern Charm have nominated me for the "Leibster Award" and I could not be more excited!!


This award is given to "new" bloggers by other bloggers. It is a fun way to get to know one another and get to tell a little bit about yourself! Here's how it works: 

1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions of the person who nominated you
3. Create 11 new questions
4. Nominate 11 new bloggers that have less than 200 followers

So let's get started!

Questions for me 
(I did a mix of Caitlin's and Chelsea's questions)
1. Why did you start your blog? Robert, my husband, and I moved to Germany back in August. I wanted a fun way to keep family and friends updated with our every day life, so Lew Party of Two was formed! I have really enjoyed blogging, it has become such a fun hobby! You can read a little more about us and the start of the blog here!


2. What is your favorite dessert? Brownies or Cinnamon Rolls!  Oh! And one more...in the Czech Republic they have this amazing warm pastry called Trdelnik...delicious. If you can't tell I'm a little obsessed with desserts.  
 That stuff behind me and in my hands...Trdelnik. See how happy I am??


3. How many brothers or sisters do you have? Holt (19), Kinley (10) and Brock (5)! I also have 6 stepbrothers/sisters! Big family and I just love it.  
 Part of the siblings at my mom and Steven's wedding this past summer!


4. Do you envision a big family, or just one kid or two? We think we want 4 kids! We know God has a perfect plan...but when we pick a number, we hope and pray for 4! 


5. Did you play any sports when you were younger? I played basketball, volleyball and ran track all the way through junior high. Then once I got to high school I just did Volleyball and played Club as well!  


6. What is your most favorite book you've read in the last year? One Thousand Gifts. I cannot say enough amazing things about this book. Everyone needs to read it...it is a life changer, for sure!


7. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-​​year-​​old self? Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Just be yourself and share God's love and kindness with all those around you. Enjoy being you and a daughter of Christ! 


8. Morning person or night person? I used to be a morning person but as of now, night person for sure!
 

9. What is your go to drink on a night out? Mojito! 

10. Where is your favorite place you've traveled? Prague, Czech Republic...man I love it there. Or the Bahamas, our honeymoon destination! We try to take advantage of living in Europe and travel as much as we can! You can check out where we have been here! Stay tuned as we add to that list!
 A little glimpse of beautiful Prague from my last trip over Christmas

11. What is one skill you want to master? Cooking and Baking! I have a dream one day to own a little cafe/bakery...like the one in Something's Gotta Give. Yep, I am a dreamer:)

11 facts about me
1. I dyed my hair brown this past summer and cannot wait to be a blonde again. 
2. I graduated from Nursing School last May and worked in Palliative Care until we moved to Germany. I hope when we move back one day to eventually work in Labor and Delivery!
3. I would really love to adopt one day.
4. I really enjoy reality TV (yes, the really silly and crazy ones)....Real Housewives, The Bachelor and too many more.
5. Robert and I knew after 3 months (probably less) we wanted to get married, it was love at first sight...almost:) And then 3 years later we became husband and wife!
6. I have never liked coffee, jelly or honey. Not for me. 
7.  The one food I have missed while being in Europe...Mexican Food! It is so different over here. Rosas and Chipotle will be our first meals out when we are back in the states, for sure. 
8. Robert and I love to play card games, especially Nertz. He usually wins and I am a really sore loser. 
9. Robert and I watched Lost...start to finish during college. It is the best.
10. I love, love, love spending time with family. It always brings so much joy to my heart. 
11. I had 10 bridesmaids, yes 10. And it was the best, couldn't imagine not one of them up there by my side! 

Now, My Nominations... 
Luci at We Got Us
Hope at Hope in a Blog 
Courtney at Keystroke Journaling 
Taylor Rae at Taylored and Turquiose 
Courtney at Sweet Turtle Soup 
Kelli at Team Gilbert
Emily at Dixie on my Mind 
Kristal at The Strong Family 
Chrissy at Simple Joys 

And My Questions for you... 
1. What is your favorite TV series?
2. Where did you go on your honeymoon? If not married, where is your dream honeymoon destination?
3. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
4. What food could you not live without?
5. Fill in the blank: I am most happy when....
6. What is your perfect date night?
7. What is a beauty product you cannot live without?
8. What is your favorite memory from growing up?
9. What is one blog you check daily?
10. Beach or the Mountains?
11. What movie did you last see? Your thoughts?

And there ya have it! A little about me and I can't wait to hear from the rest of you! Let me know when you post your answers...can't wait to hear them all! 

Also! Be sure to check back tomorrow as I start posting our Wedding pictures!
   
Find me on:
instagram / blog lovin' / facebook /pinterest 
SIGNATURE

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I don't like coffee or jelly either (but I do like honey!) :) and I'm not going to lie, John and I had a Lost binge and we through all of the seasons in an embarrassing amount of time

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Prague looks absolutely gorgeous! Just found your blog.. I'm excited to follow along!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come from a big family too--6 younger siblings. And my husband is a nurse, too. I can't imagine doing that job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prague looks beautiful!! And I'm a dessert girl, too :) I bet you are a wonderful nurse. L&D nurses are definitely a special group of people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! My cousin is living in Prague right now and she is absolutely loving it. All of her pictures are so incredible that I know I need to get there one day! I've never been a big jelly or honey person either.. I think it has to do with the textures. Congrats on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun way to get to know you better! My Robert and I plan/hope to adopt one day, too! In fact, we hope to start that process within the next couple of years. I'm a sucker for reality tv, too. And Robert recently started watching Lost. I don't watch every episode with him, but I'm keeping up pretty good. Have y'all ever played Dutch Blitz? That's a favorite card game of ours. Thanks for nominating me for the award! I'll have to give it some thought and post it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nomination! You're too sweet. Loved reading your answers =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the nomination! I've had so much fun coming up with my answers and loved reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks girl, you are too sweet!! I finally finished my part 1 of my post today!!

    http://mrslucikell.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-say-what.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you take me to travel the world with you?! I dream of Europe!
    You guys look like you're loving it over there.
    I love your advice to your 13 year old self. I'd probably tell myself the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!