11111

Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekend: Valentines 2015

I think this is the first time Rob and I have celebrated the actual day of Valentines together. This was our fifth valentines to be together, but on the day of we have always either been in different cities or it has been game day for Roberto. So to celebrate Valentines on the actual day together was pretty fun and such a treat!

On Friday, we went to the movies and saw Into the Woods, it was ok but definitely not our favorite. Then on Saturday, Rob had practice, I worked out and then we came home for a nap (priorities first) and then to celebrate!


This year, we decided it would be great to celebrate by cooking dinner together. And it was wonderful. We listened to Michael Buble radio and cooked the night away. We made steaks (using this recipe), baked potatoes, the best salad ever and homemade biscuits...and it was all so good, we were pretty dang proud of ourselves!



 Here in Poland, there is no such thing as canned biscuits. So when the husband's only request was biscuits, I knew it had to be homemade. And? They were so, so easy and so, so good. Recipe here.



We followed dinner with a V-Day must-chocolate covered strawberries made by the husband and my all time favorite... Dirty Dancing. What better day to ask the hubby to watch the most and best girly movie ever? He's a keeper!



I am a firm believer in spreading the love all year around. Striving to love others daily, the way God loves each of us...with such a great, indescribable and even undeserving love. But I also love Valentines. I think it is fun, whether your are celebrating with your significant other, your gal pals or your family. It is the perfect way to focus on loving those around you just a little extra...making them feel extra special.

And this man sure makes me feel special. My love for him just contiues to grow. He amazes me daily with the way he loves and lives. I am just so grateful to be his wife.

So basically? It was a great V-day! Then on Sunday we ate way too much of our leftover chocolate and binged on Parenthood (which I am currently way too obsessed with).

It was a great weekend celebrating with my love! How was your weekend?

Linking up with Bella, Carly, Biana and Ashley
SIGNATURE

17 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got to celebrate ON the holiday! Napping is definitely a top priority for us too. Dinner looks delicious – especially the chocolate covered strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad y'all were able to celebrate together this year! I'm sooo with your philosophy, too. There are way too many women that put so much pressure on their men this time of year and it's so silly. Especially when they don't even TELL them what they expect, men aren't mind readers. I love the random everyday flowers more than flowers on VDAY, but I also love love and sharing the love with those I care about on Vday.

    Your meal looks amazingly delicious! Love homemade biscuits! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious (and delicious!) VDay! Your biscuit game is on point!!! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Valentine's Day! I did a little binge watching of Parenthood this weekend too (but how can you not? it's so good!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal looks SO good, you guys did great! I LOVE making homemade biscuits but I definitely don't do it enough! They are so yummy and worth the carbs! :) Glad you had a wonderful V Day weekend with your sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are 6 episodes away from finishing parenthood and I am so sad! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so delish.. Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend ;)
    Happy Monday!!! I found your link on the link up Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness--how special! Yay for getting to spend the actual day together.

    That meal looks DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wish I loved chocolate covered strawberries.. So fun to be able to spend the day together after many valentines apart!! So fun!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That meal looks amazing! And I lovvvve chocolate covered strawberries. Yum! My Valentine's Day was fun and celebrated early on Friday. My boyfriend and I went to dinner and then got a few drinks. Nothing too crazy, but it was wonderful spending some time with just him before he left for a week to Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like y'all had an amazing Valentine's Day! You dinner looks super delicious! Major props on your homemade biscuits. They look like they're from a can!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad y'all could spend the day together this year! That meal looks so amazing, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like y'all had a wonderful Valentine's together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always heard that homemade biscuits were hard to get right! I'll definitely be checking out that recipe! And yes to all the chocolate covered strawberries! my favorite! i'm not sure if that's a top or a dress you have on but it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a perfect Valentines celebration! I love the idea of staying home and cooking dinner together - much more romantic :) And I'm with you, chocolate covered strawberries are a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want to thank the great Chief Priest Amros for helping me with his love binding spell that brought my girlfriend back to my arms. with so much joy in my heart i am really amaze with the love spell he did for me ever since my girlfriend came back to me she has be the kind of girl i want her to be and now she show me so much love and respect and now she is so committed to me more before. i will also advice everyone with a broken heart to contact Chief Priest Amros via his email address holytempleofsolution@hotmail.com or call him via +2347060458342/+2347052079645 to reunite and restore your broken relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!