11111

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Paris / Girl's Trip

Robert and I went to Paris the Christmas of 2013. We had such a blast together but we didn't quite fall in love with the city. Crazy right?? Maybe it was due to my cry sesh on Christmas Eve or because I spent our last night there puking my guts out due to way too many macaroons. And now every time I think of those little monsters, I get naseous inside. Or maybe becasue of the dirty look the man gave me when I hit him with my umbrella in the pouring rain ( I am just a little bit sensitive). Or maybe because it was our first European trip and we just didn't plan very well? We instead did the good ole' "wing it" and we are not the "wing it" kind of people...at all. Needless to say, it was quite the experience;)

Looking back? We totally enjoyed seeing a new city together and being together...I mean I was traveling with my husband and that is one of my favorite things in the whole world. And there are plenty of good times to talk about from that trip (proof here). But the circumstances just weren't in our favor to fall madly for this city like so many people do.

So when we decided to end our Girl's Trip in Paris, I had very low expectations. But this time around, oh man it was different. I fell hard for this city. Robert and I kept on saying maybe Paris is one of those places you fall in love with if you get to return? Go more than once. And for me it could not have been more true. This time around I was able to soak in the french culture and the immense beauty Paris has to offer. Much moreso than before when I was focused more on just the main touristy sites. This city amazed me, I was finally able to see what a beauty it is and how amazingly beautiful it's culture is.

So let's get started on our recap! Warning: Full 4 day recap, so lots of pictures. Prepare yourselves!

Day 1


After we got settled into our hotel and grabbed a bite to eat, we headed to my favorite neighborhood...St. Germain. We enjoyed gelato at the cutest little shop and just relaxed and enjoyed the culture around us.



We then made the long and scenic route to the Eiffel Tower. Paris at night is just beautiful and the Eiffel Tower at night? Magical. We found the perfect little bench by the side of the tower and got there just in time to see it sparkle, in all it's glory. It was the perfect start to our time in Paris.


Day 2 


The next day, Lauren and Holli made their way to Versailles. Since I had been previously with Roberto, I decided to stay back and explore a little on my own. I went up to the Montmartre neighborhood and just explored the cutest area. I stopped at this brunch place and enjoyed tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries. So simple, so delicious and such a sweet time. It was so nice to just sit for a couple of hours, enjoy and people watch out the window in front of me. I think this was the morning Paris really drew me in.




Once the girls returned, we enjoyed savory crepes for a late lunch and then shopped down whatever (super cute) streets we stumbled upon, on our way to Notre Dame.



We then walked some more, enjoying the beautiful night. We ended up in front of Hotel de Ville eating warm churros followed by a glass of wine and good conversation at the cutest restaurant. Girl's time is so good for the soul (and churros).

Day 3



The next morning we made our way to the Arc de Triomphe and decided to go to the top. It was pretty foggy, but still such a magnificent view of the city. After, we made our way down Champs Elysees. We shopped in our favorite, Longchamp, stopped for Laduree macaroons (well I passed, remember the nauseous feeling?;)) and then ended our walk with Croque Monsieur at a quaint little cafe.





Later after a quick stop outside of the Louvre, we ended our night on the steps of Sacre Coeur and soaked in another beautiful view of this charming city.


Day 4



Our last day, was spent on the lawn of the Eiffel Tower taking way too many pictures and eating nutella crepes. A pretty wonderful morning in our books. After we made our way to beautiful Luxembourg Gardens and then to Love Locke Bridge, which sadly was all boarded up besides a few areas on the sides.








Paris, you sure showed us a beautiful and magnificent time. A girl's trip was just what I needed and it was so wonderful spending quality time with my best friends. We were all so, so grateful for this trip!

Check out the start of our Girl's Trip here...
SIGNATURE

13 comments:

  1. You know what? I kinda felt the same way about Paris that you did after I went there. There were a ton of cool things but I just wasn't in love with it. Maybe I need to go back because your enthusiasm about it all the second time around is great! All of the pictures are so pretty--it looks like you guys got to experience some of the great things about Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! This honestly sounds like the most wonderful 4 days to me! My twin sister and I are planning a girls trip to paris in a few months and we are so excited! We've been before when we went on school exchange to Paris at 14 but we're so excited to experience it again as adults now! Xo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, Paris looks so amazing. My parents went last summer, to watch my cousin play in the Rugby World Cup and they loved the city. They talked about the pastries, the sights, the lock bridge and I made sure they brought me home some world famous macrons [hope that line doesn't make you sick]. I can't wait to be able to visit, Paris. One day, my husband and I will get there.

    I love heart picture and the pictures in front of the eiffel tower. SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think late spring or summer might be the best time to go?? I haven't been there, but every city is more fun when it's nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing trip!! I have to say Paris is probably my favorite city ever!! I love the photos of you all in front of the Eiffel Tower!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of feel the same way about our Paris trip. I really enjoyed it, but feel like I didn't really do the best things that make you fall in love with it. I think we'll definitely have to go back! Looks like you gals had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip! So glad you got to spend quality time with your girlfriends - and in such an amazing city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now I officially want to plan a girls trip to Paris! What an incredible time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband started painting a year ago and now he's decided we need to spend Christmas in Paris. I've never been and I'm pretty sure most of the trip will be in the Louvre but I'm hoping for a treat for myself too (a Louis Vuitton purse.) Would you say the weather is really bad at Christmas? If you decide to replay, please email me at estherdavison@gmail.com because I'm "no-reply" and I haven't fixed it. (Probably won't try any more. After 6 times, I've grown tired of going through the process.) If you're interested, check out my husband's art and my blog, Esther Norine Designs Thanks and I loved your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your trip sounds absolutely incredible! I'm totally jealous! You ladies are absolutely beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's an amazing place, but I've been twice as well and still don't know that I just LOVE it. Could be that Brynn acted like a baby I never met the second time around. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog and am LOVING it!! Thanks for writing sister! Love, love, love it! xo Martha Kate leavingperfectionlearninggrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable this Paris girls trips seems!! The photos took my heart away. It looks like you all had wonderful time there. After seeing these photos I am so impressed and would like to make plans for girl’s trip to LA. Do you know such beautiful Los Angeles venues?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!