11111

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Roasted Almond and Orange Toss Salad

My mom, aunts and grandma have made this salad for as long as I can remember. It is the perfect salad to pair with almost any meal. It is great for date night, for the family or for a party and is always a crowd favorite.


Robert and I paired it with our steak and baked potatoes on Valentines and it made the meal. I love this family favorite and cannot get enough!

Ingredients
Salad:
1 Large Bag of Salad
1 cup sliced almonds
2-3 tablespoons of sugar
1 can of mandarin oranges

Dressing:
2 TBS sugar
2 TBS white balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
dash of Louisiana hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Roast almonds and sugar in pan on low heat until golden. In a small bowl (I always use a coffee cup), whisk all ingredients together for the dressing. Add salad, roasted almonds and oranges to your salad bowl. When ready to serve, make sure dressing is well mixed and pour over salad, toss and serve.


During the summer, my mom will sometimes add strawberries as well and it makes it even better! 

Enjoy!

Linking up with Kate, Mary, Susan and Kristen
SIGNATURE

9 comments:

  1. YUMMY! One of my favorite salads, but I've never added roasted almonds. That sounds super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks like the perfect side salad (or a main one!) Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks so good!! My husband and I were saying yesterday how we need to incorporate more salads with our meal!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo yum anything with roasted almonds is good! I LOVE salads, this one sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice and healthy recipe! I love making different combinations of salads at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! Can't wait to give this a try...pinned it for future reference!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!