11111

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

We had a very low key and great Easter! I admit I did have a little cry session a couple days before, missing family and such who we normally spend Easter with. But man the day came and there is something so special about just spending a holiday with your husband. I realized that the holidays spent just the two of us together will be very few compared to our life, so we need to soak it up! 

We slept in, made an Easter brunch and read/discussed the Resurrection after our meal. I seriously feel like every time I pick up the bible I learn something new or realize details I had not noticed before. It is so neat and I felt overwhelmed (in such a good way) with how God loves us. It is so deep and truly unfathmoble. He is Risen! Just as he promised. It fills me with an indescribable JOY. 



It was a beautiful day so we decided to walk to downtown after brunch. The Easter Market was opened which was wonderful. We enjoyed the sun, market stands and got a few trinkets. As we were walking back home it started to drizzle a little, so we made the great decision to take a nap. A nap with the rain pouring outside is pretty much perfection in my book.

 Love all the blooms that are starting to show. 





Robert had practice that night and then afterwards we went on another walk (with the puppy we are dogsitting) and enjoyed a nice cool night. We explored some new parts of Nuremberg we had never seen. It was lovely:)

We had a nice and relaxing day. One filled with an overwhelming joy for how our Savior loves us. Frohe Ostern! Happy Easter!
SIGNATURE

11 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, the food looks amazing, as does the city. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to how weird it is to spend holidays without your family, but can also relate to how it really is nice to spend time with your husband & create your own memories and traditions together! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my first Easter away from home and it's so weird when we have to make "new traditions" and break the old ones. Keeps life interesting. Your breakfast looked so yummy :)!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was just my husband and I on Easter this year, too so I somewhat know how you were feeling! Although our families are only a few hours away, it just didn't work out to see each other this year. Glad you guys ended up having a great day! Your food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has risen, indeed! I'm so thankful for Jesus and what He did for us! What an awesome thing that you got to spend time with just your hubby for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rainy Easter afternoon nap sounds like pure perfection! And goodness, y'all have some pretty scenery to enjoy on your walks. It was just me and my husband this year too, and you are right - so special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty pictures and your food look amazing! That muffin sounds perfect for an Easter splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out, it was fun! http://blogwiththebrowns.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-leibster-award.html

    Cayte

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made my heart so happy, Bailley!! I can imagine how that would be difficult during the days leading up to the holiday being apart from family you've always celebrated with, but how special to celebrate just the two of you!!! You're so right that that will likely be a rare thing in the span of your lifetime, LOVE that you soaked it up!! Rejoicing with you in our RISEN Savior!! He is indescribably good and worthy of all our praise!!! Thanks for sharing about your special day!! It blessed my heart to read about it!! Much love from the states! xo xo ...PS: Your scrumptious brunch looked absolutely fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fun way to spend Easter! LOVE your scarf, by the way! :)
    That tree with all the flowers is gorgeous!! I wish we had beautiful trees like that here in So Cal!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!