11111

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Grateful Heart


Welcome November!
 
What a perfect time to reflect on the many blessings in life and look around and realize all there is to be grateful for!
 
"While I may not always feel joy, God asks me to give thanks in all things, because He knows that the feeling of joy begins in the action of thanksgiving."
 
 
This quote is from the wonderful book, One Thousand Gifts. I finished this book about a month ago and it truly is life changing. It digs deep into the meaning of thanksgiving. The significance of being grateful. It challenges you "to live fully right where you are". It is a book that I highly recommend.
 
 
I am continually learning to give thanks in all circumstances. To look at the positives, even in the negative situations. To have a grateful heart. I am learning to look at life from a different perspective. It is definitely a work in progress and always will be. But God is challenging me to see life with a thankful heart at ALL times.
 
 
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18
 
 
So during this month (and for every month to come) I will remind myself of all I have to be thankful for. I want to see the good and wake up each morning with a grateful heart. It is what God calls me to do, what he is challenging me to do. Who is with me?! :) Looking at life with this new perspective is truly life changing. So here we go!

Just a few things I am grateful for today...


My amazing husband, family and friends (and so many others that are not pictured). Feeling so very thankful to be a part of each of their lives and thankful to God for placing them there.  And number one, above all, I am thankful for God, my Savior and for the abundant love and grace he gives daily!

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalms 118:1
SIGNATURE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!