11111

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread

We are home relaxing after a fun day downtown and I thought I would share this delicious recipe real quick! Perfect for a Sunday night dessert AND Monday morning breakfast:)

 I am a huge fan of banana bread...and cinnamon! So I spruced the normal banana bread up with a little kick and it was great! Next time I'll probably even add a little more cinnamon to the mix! I adapted this recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny. A great blog...I  have made a couple recipes from there now! Very yummy. Not as healthy as that recipe but I tried!

Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) light butter
 1 cup of sugar 
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. low fat milk
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together softened butter and sugar (if you have a mixer use it, I do not have one here in Germany and mixing by hand worked fine).
3. Now add in eggs and mix well.
4. Next mix in vanilla, milk and bananas.
5. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a seperate bowl.
6. Add flour mixture, a little bit at a time, to batter. Mix slowly and until completley combined.
7. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray (or rub with butter) and then flour the pan lightly.
8. Bake about 45 min-1 hour. Until inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
9. Let bread sit for a couple of minutes, then spread top with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. As much as your heart desires!



Slice yourself and your patiently awaiting taste testers each a piece (or two). Spread with butter, sprinkle with a little more cinnamon sugar and serve with a nice glass of cold milk!

Enjoy!
SIGNATURE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!